Helping companies develop faster, scale larger and acquire "always on" customers and markets.
User Experience: Your New Marketing and Branding
Founder and Principal Consultant, Breakthrough UX (formerly Breakthrough Usability): 1990–Present
- Delivered hundreds of projects and improvements for world-leading companies.
- Produced major advances in products, services, websites, ecommerce, ebusiness, media, search, support, online infrastructures, enterprise systems, and more.
- Helped raise revenues of an SMB products business from $250M to $4B in 3 years.
- Improved thousands of enterprise systems per year by creating processes that were adopted and rolled out to thousands of development teams worldwide. Assisted in global rollout and winning major contracts.
- Raised customer success in a world-leading website with over 90 projects that added improvements to revenues,support, products, content, media, navigation, search, jobs, etc.
- Transformed a global Knowledge Management resource into the central platform for the company’s global operations. Named “Innovation Scan #17”, one of the most valuable global innovations in that company’s history.
- Built and ran 5 global online testing frameworks.
- Facilitated large vendor-customer meetings in venues and conference centers worldwide.
Create new technology to build a people-first Digital Earth
Received over 500 patent citations within 10 months after first patent issued. The most citations come from world leading companies.
Three of the Expandiverse's components:
- Multiple Shared Planetary Life Spaces: Live, continuous connections with people, tools, places, resources and more. Put a powerful Digital Earth at each person's fingertips, under their control, with multiple Shared Spaces. Turns all their devices into one "device family."
- Active Knowledge, Active Resources and Active Commerce: An invisible, embedded channel inside of everything done digitally. No interruptions to search, look for tools or shop. Instant guided user success, tools and purchases inside of uses.
- Digital Boundaries: Users control their screens' displays. Protects people. Helps create Connected Consumption with trusted vendors. Makes the user-controlled UI the world's most valuable real estate. Each person's control helps produce the world and lives that people want.
Patents average 3 citations during their 20-year life. A small number of patents (out of millions) receive more than 100 to 200 citations.
Previous patents: Over 550 licensees, and over 2,570 patent citations
- Previous digital patents in digital content, digital accessibility and digital communications. Previous patents licensed by over 550 companies.
- My patents and patent applications have been cited over 2,570 times by subsequent patents: Recognition of foresight and value.
- Example foresight: The patent for 1-to-1 interactions between customers and vendors during the use of products and services. Introduced personalized online communications, selling, support and content inside of products and services. Envisioned, then filed in 1992. Cited over 770 times. Licensed by over 200 companies.
Digital Transformation: Strategy, Roadmaps and Briefings
How will your company lead your digital industry, then scale to help lead a people-first Digital Earth?
- How companies can win against billion-user platforms, AI's and voice bots from Google, Facebook, Apple andAmazon.
- Roadmaps to build a Digital Earth: Media (Publishing-Advertising), Work, Commerce, Supply Chain, DigitalEconomy (Economic Growth), and Corporate Digital Transformations.
- Executive Briefings for dealing with disruptions and taking the lead. Transformation strategies to lead industries.
- Experiences and examples: Business, technology, world, health, education, living and entertainment.
Writing, Presentations, Workshops and Keynote Speeches
Keynote speaker, workshop leader and author in the top 10% on Medium.com
- Keynote speaker / Workshop leader: Schedule me to experience a buildable people-first Digital Earth now. See and develop your digital leadership today.
- Author, popular trade book: Imagine a New Future: Creating Greatness for All. How can technology produce personal greatness, universal prosperity and a successful planet that includes everyone? This book is now free on Medium.com, where Dan was in the top 10% in 2016.
An easy way to learn: Watch videos now...
CXO Executive Briefing (41 min. video)
Based on Dan Abelow’s keynote speech that opened The Conference Board’s Enterprise Digital Transformation Council in New York
Vision: My book is now free to read on Medium. com, where I was in the top 10% in 2016.
Imagine a New Future: Creating Greatness for All. How tech can produce personal greatness, universal prosperity and a successful planet that includes everyone.
The Wharton School - University of Pennsylvania: B.Sc.E, Marketing, History of Civilization
Undergraduate, with many graduate level courses taken in the Wharton MBA program. Became passionate about the transformation of civilization from converging science, technology, business, markets, education and nation states.
Harvard University Graduate School of Education: Ed.M., Creation of Strategic Technologies
Independent research-based Master's Degree on the creation, development and application of new strategic technologies: Combined research into innovation at Harvard Business School, sci/tech at MIT, cognition at the Ed School, and strategic policy at Kennedy School of Government.
Miami Beach Senior High School: Early admission to college after 11th grade
President of the Sophomore class. First chair trumpet in band and orchestra. Created and ran "Friendship Through Books," an international youth friendship project in which 32 high schools in the United States collected and shipped over 40,000 books to school libraries in Central and South America.
Future Problem Solving International Program
A global K-12 education program that develops the abilities of tens of thousands of young people in almost every US state and in 15 countries to design and promote a positive future, through problem solving activities that use critical and creative thinking.
- International activities: Board of Advisors, Futurist-on-call, Editorial reviewer of new materials, Future scene writer
- Florida State activities: State conference keynote speaker, Competition judge, Evaluator
Our first meeting is now...
We're already up speed (0:53 video)
Skills that focus on your success:
- UX (User Experience): Value-creation expert
- Digital strategy, roadmaps and executive briefings
- Presentations, workshops and keynote speeches that focus on your goals
- Conceive, create and patent new digital technologies that are frequently cited by leading companies
- Facilitate customer feedback meetings worldwide
- Popular author; in the top 10% of Medium.com in 2016
- Scalable online delivery, with the web, software, graphics, audio and video skills to produce that
Choose one, then accelerate:
My goal is to help your BU's and teams solves their critical challenges.
Let's accelerate and expand your business, products and services to lead our fast-arriving Digital Earth
Keynotes and workshops for your conference or meeting
- Accelerate your Digital Transformation now
- Pick your company or industry goal in our digital future
- See your journey and destination brought to life
- Record and share your speech to accelerate your company, conference or industry
What do you need to know, and when?
Grow your team. Make this your advantage
- Start: Add Digital Earth features to your products and services
- Plan: Custom roadmaps for you to take industry and world leadership
- Build: In-person services accelerate multiple BU's and teams
- Transform: Worldwide online delivery and resources help evolve your culture worldwide
Quoted by project or a percent of available time.
IP revenue funds more tech creation
- License or acquire Expandiverse IP to lead a Digital Earth
- Revenues used to create new tech, IP and positive evolution